COVID-19 Hotel Cleaning & Safety Standards
At Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Lake George, we take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotel, developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- For the safety of guests and staff, daily housekeeping will not be performed. Fresh linens and other necessities will be provided upon request by dialing the front desk at extension 100 between the hours of 9am-9pm. Staff will not enter any room while it is occupied by guests.
- The use of rollaway cots and Pack-n-Plays has been suspended for the season.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting will take place in all public areas.
- A Guest-accessible disinfecting station at the front office will be available during office hours.
- Contactless check-in and check-out will be used wherever possible.
- Evaluation and implementation of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects are being addressed.
- Items that are difficult to disinfect have been removed from guest rooms; including decorative pillows, bed scarves, notepads, pamphlets and pens.
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols will be enforced.
- Staff temperatures will be taken prior to every shift.
- Social distance markers will be placed in public areas, outdoor amenities and lounge seating to maintain appropriate spacing between seated guests.
- Signage for guests with recommended public health guidelines; including social distancing, hand washing, coughing and sneezing into a tissue or into your arm, and avoiding handshakes is posted in the front desk windows.
- Due to an order by Governor Cuomo, all New Yorkers must wear a face covering when outside of their home to help stop the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). All New Yorkers (age 2+) must don a face mask or covering when they venture outside and are unable to socially distance at least six feet from others. This will be enforced on property grounds to protect guests, staff and our community.